Thursday, April 23, 2015

I just need to breathe for a minute

It was one of those purchases I wasn't used to making. 

We had a little money saved and just moved into the home we live in now. We wanted to fill the house with some plants to make up for the extra space and also because I love a house full of plants.

It was an expensive plant.. A rubber plant. 

I read they're hard to kill. They just need to be drenched, let it dry completely and drench again. Easy enough. They need a good amount of sunlight. Our house has plenty of that. It was the perfect plant. I felt like it was worth the money because of it's longevity and because it was beautiful.





I don't quit understand why Hank decided to do this. This potted plant is extremely heavy. The pot itself is heavy but the plant is like a baby tree..
It's deep. I planted the rubber plant deep into the soil. I watched over it for the last two months. Every few days I saw a new leaf appear. It was a happy plant.

I got dog food right after work today. I was in a great mood. It's taco night.. It took me a minute but I finally planned out how to buy groceries and cook for the week where I make one trip to the grocery store and that's it. Dog food? No problem! 

I got home. Brought the trash inside the garage. We've been getting a discount on our trash bill because we produce one bag of trash per week. We recycle everything.
So, I brought the trash in and went into the house through the garage.
The dogs were so happy to see me and I them. We went into my bedroom where I rolled around the floor with them. They gave me hugs and kisses and I gave them right back. I got them dog food..

I took off my clothes. The first thing I do when I get home is take off all my clothes and get into my pajamas. Even at 5pm.... Because I'm home.
So, I took off my clothes. I put on my pajamas. As I'm pulling my last leg through my pants, Hank prances over and drops a small branch from my rubber plant at my feet.

He sat up straight and smiled. He was proud. He brought me a gift!!!

A gift of death.

What the shit? Oh my god! Why? How? When???

I walked into the living room and there it was.


Ripped to pieces and spread out all over the house like confetti.

I just stood there with my jaw to the floor.

Why would anyone do this? This couldn't be from my children! They would never! And if so, who?

 If you have dogs and one of them eats your shorts, when you discover and figure out who did it, it's obvious. The sad puppy face comes out and it cowers into a corner.

Hank. Hank did it. 

Hank goes on walks. He goes on hikes. We throw the ball in the backyard. Hank sleeps in the bed and lays on the couch. Hank is fed everyday. Hank takes a shower with me. Hank is almost three years old. So I don't understand.

I haven't had a good cry in a long time and when I saw this tears came rushing to my angry, squinted eyes. 

Why Hank?


Why..?




Also, rubber plants are poisonous to dogs. 
So cross your fingers.



No comments:

Post a Comment